How Healthy is Your Heart?
Find out at Inverell Pharmacy.
Book in for your personalised 20 minute consultation and take home valuable knowledge about your heart. One of our Pharmacists will:
- Assess your personal risk factors
- Test your Blood Pressure and Cholesterol level.
- Measure your weight, height and waist circumference.
- Estimate your 5 year cardiovascular risk according to “Australian Cardiovascular Risk Charts”
- Give you personalised and practical advice and take home information.
- Book Your Clinic Appointment Today at Inverell Pharmacy.
Book Your Clinic Appointment Today at Inverell Pharmacy.
- Do you have a history of heart disease in your family?
- Have you been diagnosed with any of the following conditions?
- High blood pressure or cholesterol
- Do you smoke?
- Are you over weight?
- Do you know if your diet is heart healthy?
- Do you exercise for at least 30 minutes 5 times a week?
- Does your day consist of high levels of stress?
- Do you know how to recognise a heart attack or stroke, and what to do about it?
High blood pressure is a leading cause of stroke but you can reduce the risk if you know your blood pressure.
Stroke is Australia’s second single greatest killer and a leading cause of disability among adults. Close to 60,000 strokes occur in Australia every year – that’s a stroke every 10 minutes. Fortunately, there are a number of risk factors that you can control to reduce your chances of stroke.
Keeping on target Raised blood pressure is a major risk factor for cardiovascular disease, and the higher your blood pressure, the greater your chance of having heart disease or stroke. For this reason it is important that you have your blood pressure monitored regularly, and that you always take any medicine prescribed for hypertension.
Hypertension can also be controlled to a large extent by lifestyle modifications such as reducing excess weight, undertaking regular physical activity, and giving up smoking. Dietary interventions such as reducing your alcohol, salt and fat intake may also help to lower your blood pressure & reduce your absolute risk of cardiovascular disease
Inverell Pharmacy – your locally owned and operated pharmacy.